Getting started with ParcelPoint Click&Collect is a straightforward process. If you haven't already, you will need to register at: partner.parcelpoint.com.au/signup.
One you have done that, we will send you authentication details you need to begin integrating ParcelPoint Click&Collect into your checkout. If you haven't received these or have misplaced the details, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you begin
Before you start the integration, make sure that you have the following details:
- API keys for the staging environment
- API keys for the production environment
- Partner Portal log in credentials for staging
- Partner Portal log in credentials for production
- SSCC Barcode range
If you would prefer to use our flat-file integration of ParcelPoint locations, please send the following details to email@example.com:
- Name of the Retailer
- SFTP Hostname
- SFTP Username
- SFTP Password
- SFTP Protocol
- SFTP Folder
- SFTP Options (if any)
- SFTP Header (if any)
Once you have these details you can move onto using our API to integrate ParcelPoint into your checkout.
Step 1: Select a ParcelPoint location
There are two ways to find a ParcelPoint location:
- ParcelPoint Widget (Simple solution)
- Custom Integration (Custom solution)
ParcelPoint Widget (Simple solution)
To implement this solution, you can use the Widget.
Custom integration (Custom solution)
Some retailer like to create their own integrations and control the entire experience of choosing a ParcelPoint location.
To do this you will need to call the Agent API which will give you all the details of the ParcelPoint locations. From there you will be able to structure and style the data in whichever format you like.
Step 2: Create a parcel booking
Once the user has selected the ParcelPoint location they want to collect the parcel from, we will need to make a booking with ParcelPoint. Creating a booking with ParcelPoint will allow us to track the parcel, notify the user and inform the ParcelPoint location of the incoming parcel and who is authorised to pick it up.
To make a booking, you need to call the Parcel Collect API with the ParcelPoint location that was selected by the user.
Step 3: Create a label
Label creation for Click&Collect is not done by ParcelPoint. To that end, there are several requirements necessary for ParcelPoint to process the parcels at our ParcelPoint locations.
The requirements differ based on the ParcelPoint service you have chosen. The requirements are as follows:
|Requirement||C&C Address||C&C Freight||Description|
|ParcelPoint logo||Optional||Required||ParcelPoint horizontal logo|
|ParcelPoint product name||Optional||Optional||Name of the ParcelPoint Service. "Product CNC ECY" (Click&Collect Economy parcels); "Product CNC STD" (Click&Collect Standard parcels)|
|ParcelPoint location Name||Required||Required||Name and address of the ParcelPoint location|
|Barcode||Optional||Required||GS1 SSCC compliant barcode of the consignmentReference|
|Human readable tracking reference||Required||Required||Text-based consignmentReference|
|ParcelPoint Hub code||Optional||Required||Currently our only ParcelPoint Hub is in Sydney. The code for Sydney Hub is SYD|
Step 4: Tracking the parcel
After you have integrated ParcelPoint into your website and you are ready to deploy your work to production, you need to make sure that everything on the following list has been completed before you add this offering for your customers:
- Has your test label for parcels been approved by ParcelPoint? Share your test label by attaching it to an email and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you sent a test parcel and checked that the tracking is functioning correctly? You may need to physically send a parcel to a ParcelPoint (the box can be empty).
- Has your test parcel Order ID been approved by ParcelPoint? Share your Order ID by adding it to an email and sending it to email@example.com.
- Have you added your production API keys to your production ENV file or code that will be deployed to production?
- Check that the details you have for the production Partner Portal is correct. If you are having trouble logging in, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.